Tuesday | January 12, 2021
Skincare for the Season: Winter Must-Haves!
Aside from being cold and grey, winter can also take its toll on skin! To help combat the effects, our Senior Manager of Spa Services, Heather MacKay, has put together a must-have list:
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Serum: The serum is a moisturizing powerhouse and all around moisture magnet that will instantly plump up and smooth wrinkles and fine lines. Hyaluronic Acid famously Holds 1000 x its weight in water, our Spa Care Experts highly recommend this serum as a great addition to your daily skincare routine and to prep your skin prior to face cream and makeup by boosting your skin’s radiance and texture.
- AHA Cream Exfoliator: One of our Aesthetician’s tops picks, it is formulated with a blend of Alpha Hydroxy acids from sugar cane, lemon, orange, apple and infused with Shea butter. This soft, creamy exfoliator will gently smooth and refine the skin by sloughing away dead skin cells and help facilitate optimal penetration of our serums and creams. Use once or twice a week, gently massage the pearlescent cream into the skin until product ‘melts’ and rinse well with tepid water.
- Guinot Protective Face Cream: For those who like to participate in outdoor activities, like hiking, skiing, tobogganing or even just a nice brisk walk in the crisp winter air, this cream is an excellent winter cream to protect against the elements. Formulated with Omega 6, Avocado and Shea Butter and Phytoprotectol to nourish, soothe and reduce inflammation.
- Red Logic Cream: During the winter months, sensitive and delicate skin types can experience increased redness due exposure to the harsh elements of our weather, wind and cold. It is formulated with an exclusive active ingredient “Veinoderm”, extracted from Arnica, and acts on redness to neutralize its appearance while Aloe Vera soothes and moisturizes. Made with a tinted green tone to neutralize redness.
- NEW Nourishing Lip Balm (arriving soon): A creamy, fluid balm to nourish and protect the lips from external aggressions, it strengthens the barrier to prevent dryness and cracking. With precious oils and Avocado Butter extracted from the fruit pulp, Karité Butter extracted from a plant native to West Africa and Almond Oil: rich in emollient and nourishing fatty acids, deeply hydrates and restores softness and elasticity.
- Microalgae Essence: it feeds the cells on a deeper level, and keeps them stronger and more active which you need when skin is under stress. It can be used as a sheet mask for a deeper hydration (soak 2 tissues in the Essence and place on skin for 10 minutes).
- Tulsi Booster: is a gift for dry skin during the dry winter months to bring extra lipids and emollience. A few drops on our fingertips and gently pat into the skin, great under a moisturizer or alone, the Tulsi (also known as Holy Basil) will act as an elixir for dry and depleted skin, restoring moisture and protection!
Cleansing properly is the first step to ensure effective action of your skin care products. The cleanser that is good for the summer may not serve our skin well during the cold months of winter so for those who typically prefer a foaming or sudsy cleanser, a simple adjustment like switching our cleanser can make all the difference in the moisture levels in our skin.
- Swiss Line Comforting Emulsion Cleanser: is a gentle hydrating cleanser that does not to strip the skins hydrolipidic film, which is there to prevent moisture loss. It contains Wild Alpine Waters sourced from the tops of Swiss mountains packed with Calcium & Magnesium which strengthen your skin and boost skin’s metabolism, Baobab Tree Extract, a resilient plant can withstand the arid lands and drought of Australia and Africa, supply the skin with moisturizing and regenerative reparative lipids, excellent for extreme climate conditions. Can be used to remove eye makeup as well.
Extra help to protect your skin from “seasonal” dry patches & rashes
During these Winter Months, some people develop a ‘seasonal’ allergic reaction on your skin, eg: patches of eczema, contact dermatitis, even hives. For these issues, you need products that ‘respond’ to the internal inflammations which are responsible for aging the skin.
- Essential Serum: improves the skin’s ability to balance itself, contains ‘actibiome’ which works to balance the skin’s micro biome, calming soothing, for skin that needs extra protection during periods of stress. Lightweight gel-serum texture.
- Aqua Calm Cream: this is your SOS product for skin that is reactive, allergic, thin. Aqua Calm Cream provides a true ‘Blanket’ to soothe, calm, and provide immediate relief. Contains the ‘Force Vital 24 Nutrients’ specifically Edelweiss (for a strong skin defence system), Coltsfoot Leaves (contains lipids and glucoses for their powerful moisturizing capabilities) and Gentian Root Extract (for flavonoids and minerals for softening and purifying benefits). Also contains a special ‘Anti-Redness’ complex of arnica, cypress and malt to improve micro circulation, soothe and protect.