Monday | March 23, 2020
Skin Routine: Day vs Night
We all have our skincare routines –whether it’s a quick splash of water, or carefully applied products. But the steps you take in the AM vs PM are like day and night. Here are some tips to make sure you put your best face forward.
THE AM ROUTINE
- Cleanse: No, cleansing’s not just for the end of the day. We sweat in our sleep and our pillow cases aren’t helping either. Give your day a fresh start with a foaming cleanse.
- Invigorate: Layer a refreshing essence to brighten and boost your skin. This will balance pH levels, and nourish your complexion, providing the perfect base for your make-up.
- Serums: these concentrated, nutrient-dense treatment address targeted concerns. Put yours on before creams and opt for one with Vitamin C –it will help protect your skin from damaging UV rays and pollutants.
- Eyes: You’ll have many expressions throughout the day. Protect your peepers with an eye cream. Gently dab around your eyes.
- Moisturize: It’s daytime and the sun is shining! Opt for a moisturizer with SPF to protect you from harmful UV rays and you’ll be thankful for this 2-in-1 product.
THE PM ROUTINE
- Goodbye Make-Up: take your time to remove the day’s layers. Gently remove any make-up left on your skin so that it’s fresh and ready for your evening routine.
- Cleanse: take your cleansing to the next level and use a gently foaming product to remove all the day’s residue from your skin.
- Exfoliate: Do this once or twice a week. This will help all other products absorb into the skin more deeply. Use a teaspoon of the Enzymatic Powder and with a little warm water, make a foamy cream. Then apply to your face and gently massage.
- Invigorate: with gently tapping movements, apply an essence to your face. Think of this as first-round of moisture.
- Medicate: apply small amounts of blemish medications. Gently dab these and don’t over-do it, you run the risk of irritating your skin.
- Renew: We blink, laugh, wince, and squint. Our eyes go through a lot so look after them. Apply a thin later of eye cream around the eyes to help prevent crow’s feet, and dark circles. But did you know it also helps protect the eye area from other products?
- Repair: The skin repairs itself while we sleep –it’s magic. Now is the perfect time to apply targeted skincare treatments, like a serum and boosters to help regenerate your skin.
- Moisturize: While we sleep, our skin loses moisture! So load up on your cream and massage it in to your face in circular motions.
- Mask: Take the extra steps, and opt for a leave-on mask as the final step. This will help bring moisture to the skin, but not clog the pores.